Flint River Will Be Flint’s Water Source Moving Forward
According to the plan to fix the water problems in Flint, as laid out by the state, the Flint River will remain as the primary water source.
Go back and reread that sentence, and then pick your jaw up off the ground.
Mlive reports that the same water that has been tested and re-tested, and is currently unsafe to drink for a hand full of reasons, will stay in place. The state plan lays some key initiatives, most of which are listed below.
- Immediate testing of water in all Flint schools
- Faucet filters for city residents
- Expanded lead exposure testing
- Expediting completion of the Karegnondi Water Authority
- Appointing a Flint Drinking Water Public Health Advisor
- Free water testing for Flint residents
All of these initiatives would be at the expense of the state.
So many people have demanded that Flint go back to using the Detroit water, and they will not be happy with today's announcement. It's hard to believe that anyone would choose to keep the Flint River as the water source.
We are working with the Genesee Valley Center, and WNEM TV5 to bring bottled water to the Flint Schools. Click on the link below to find out how you can help us with 'Safe Water Flint'.