Free Family Holiday Photos This Weekend At Mott
The 7th annual 'Help Portrait' event is happening on the campus of Mott Community College Saturday.
This is one of my favorite holiday events that happens in Flint because of how many great things it brings together. The project is backed by the non-profit 'Help Portrait' as they look to give some good cheer to those in need around the holidays.
Check out the video below to see a description of their mission.
The reason I love the Mott event so much is that so many people gain from it.
Obviously the families that come in to get their photos done are the main beneficiary. They get to be treated like a celebrity with hair and makeup before a professional photo shoot. Afterward they get to keep the CD with all of the pictures on it.
The event also gives the Mott Photography department a chance to get great experience along with the school of cosmetology. This is a rare chance to get on the job action for students that will definitely serve them in the future.
Here are the main things you need to know about the event this Saturday.
- The event is free, but there will be a crowd so arrive early
- The event runs from Noon to 4pm on Saturday, December 1st
- The photos will be taken inside the MCC Event Center at 1401 E. Court St.
- There will be four different backdrops, at least one will be holiday themed
- Participants will receive an 8 X 10 on site along with a CD of the photos
- The entire process will take about an hour, not counting wait time.