Hate The New Snapchat Update? Here’s How To Get The Old Version Back
Snapchat released a new version of the app, and users are not at all happy about it.
Snapchat users noticed the changes immediately, and didn't hold back on letting the world know how they felt. Angry.
The biggest change comes when you first open the app. The main page is now filled with celebrity stories and paid ads. The content doesn't automatically show up in chronological order on the main page anymore.
To see what your friends have posted, you have to swipe left, where your direct messages used to be. It's also a little harder to tell when a friend has posted a new story to the app.
The reaction has been severe, and some are worried that Snapchat may lose users because of the change. So will they change it back? I doubt it because most of the time when something like this happens, the complaints dwindle over time and people just settle into the new version.
If you aren't about that settling life, then follow the steps below to change your app back to the old version.
- Delete the app on your iPhone, then connect your phone to your computer (don't sync yet)
- Open iTunes and select your device. Instead of syncing, click the applications tab.
- Select apps in the iTunes sidebar, and find Snapchat on the list.
- Select the option to install, then sync your phone.
- The old version that you had backed up in iTunes will then become your current version.
Step six would be to brag to all your friends about how you don't have to see a bunch of celebrity advertisements that you hate. Have fun!