‘How To Survive A Mass Shooting’ From Homeland Security [Video]
A new instructional video hit the web that shows you what to do if you ever find yourself in the middle of a mass shooting.
The video was funded by the Department of Homeland Security.
The six-minute video warns people that all shooter events are unpredictable, but there are three things that you can do to increase your chance of survival: run, hide or fight.
HOW TO SURVIVE A MASS SHOOTING
- Run if a safe path is available. Always try and escape or evacuate even if others insist on staying.
- Encourage others to leave with you but don't let the indecision of others slow down your own effort to escape.
- Once you are out of the line of fire, try to prevent others from walking into the danger zone and call 9-1-1.
- If you can't get out safely, find a place to hide.
- When hiding, turn out lights, remember to lock doors and silence your ringer and vibration mode on your cell phone
- As a last resort, working together or alone, act with aggression, use improvised weapons and fight.
Run. Hide. Fight. Guide To Surviving A Mass Shooting