List Of Genesee County Summer Programs Closed Due To Heat Today
The heatwave that we have been experiencing in Genesee County this summer has been relentless!
That’s why a number of programs for kids have been cancelled today (Tuesday July 17th), so that the kids can be kept out of the heat.
ABC12 is reporting that the following programs have been cancelled.
Flint Community Schools have canceled its summer programs because some of the buildings do not have air.
The Rainbow Learning program, which is located an building with air conditioning, will be open as scheduled.
The regular summer program schedule will resume Wednesday, unless notified otherwise.
The Genesee Intermediate School District says, 21st Century Summer Programs hosted in the following local school districts will not be operating on Tuesday, July 17 due to extreme temperatures.
- Beecher 21st Century Summer Program – Middle School (ONLY Afternoon Closed / AM Program will be in operation)
- Bendle 21st Century Summer Program – All Buildings
- Carman-Ainsworth 21st Century Summer Program – C-A Middle School
- Mount Morris 21st Century Summer Program – Jr. High and High School
- Westwood Heights 21st Century Summer Program – McMonagle Elementary
- Youth Quest programs run through with the GISD are canceled Tuesday as well.
If you have more to pass along please leave a comment here or email us.