Michigan Is Bizarro — Strange Laws From Across the Land
The majority of Michigan’s laws have been put in place to help protect the public against a lunatic society; however, we recently uncovered a number of laws across the state that make us question who the lunatics really are. Seriously, you might be surprised to find that it is against the law to do the following:
- It is against the law to be drunk on a train.
- It is illegal to put a dog to death using a decompression chamber.
- It is against the law to commit adultery, but is only punishable if the spouse files a complaint.
- A man can receive five years in prison for seducing or corrupting an unmarried woman.
- It is against the law for a thief to sue you if they happen to get hurt while in your home.
- A license for a handgun may be obtained by any person as long as they are over the age of 12 and have not been convicted of a felony.
- It’s against the law for a woman to cut her hair without her husband’s permission.