Things You Didn’t Know About Saved By The Bell
Growing up in the 1980's it was manditory that my all time favorite show was Saved By The Bell and thanks to Buzzfeed, I learned a ton of new things I never knew about SBTB! Like Lisa was supposed to be a white girl, Zack had to dye his hair every two weeks and Screech was three years younger than everyone else. Check out some of the facts and videos below and feel free to link your favorite episode in the comments! Oh and by the way, I think we all can agree that Saved By The Bell: The New Class as garbage. I mean don't get me wrong the college years weren't the best, but when they worked at the Beach Resort...that was when everything went down hill. Then Jessie got hooked on caffine pills and started stripping and Kelly just ept eating and went on 90201. How about a reunion show instead of seeing 1,000 promos run for Mark-Paul's new show! I don't care if you are all grown up now...you'll always be Zack Morris with a big ass cell phone to me. Anyways enought about what I want, find out 13 things you didn't know about Saved By The Bell!
1. Mark-Paul Gosselaar had to dye his hair blonde every two weeks while shooting the show.
2. Tori was named after producer Aaron Spelling's daughter, Tori Spelling.
3. Zack, Slater, Lisa and Screech are the only characters to appear in every episode.
4. Originally, Zack and Slater were written as bitter rivals for Kelly's romantic affections. Off screen however, Mario López and Mark-Paul Gosselaar were (and continue to be) very close friends. The writers, sensing the obvious chemistry between the two actors, had the characters re-written as best friends, and they remained that way for the rest of the show.
5. Though Kelly was scripted as Zack's girlfriend for the show, Lark Voorhies aka Lisa, was Mark-Paul Gosselaar's real-life girlfriend for three years, according to several interviews given by Gosselaar.
Check out the rest [via Buzzfeed]