Jay-Z Is Hip-Hop’s First Billionaire Rapper [Video]
Jay-Z just set the bar by becoming Hip-Hop first billionaire rapper. The Roc is in the building!
Hate em or Love em you gotta respect the name Sean Carter A.k.a Jay-Z. He took on a task that would seem impossible and laid down a master plan to become more than just a rapper. He's, in my opinion, the godfather of Hip-Hop. With intelligent investments in Uber, and Tidal alone it was only a matter of time before he hit that billion dollar number.
I honestly thought Dr.Dre was going to be the first with the whole Beats By Dre deal, but he came up just shy of that billionaire mark. So, congrats to the G.O.A.T (Yea I said it) for making his mark in history as the first rapper to make a billion dollars!
- a $70 million stake in Uber
- his ownership of the streaming service Tidal
- his $70 million art collection
- his ownership of the Roc Nation sports management company
- $50 million in assorted real estate holdings and his music catalog.