10 Rap Lines That Mention Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs
Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs passed away just a few days ago after a long battle with cancer. There is a good chance that even if you didn’t know who Jobs was, that you owned at least one of his products. Steve Jobs didn’t just invent genius Apple products, he helped reshape the music industry. Even in death, he’ll be a major player in the hip-hop and R&B world. Artists have referenced Jobs and his impact on their tracks.
Check out the Top 10 Steve Jobs references in Hip-Hop below and if you can think of another, please add it below.
1. Jay-Z – “The Prelude”–“Head and shoulders, my invisible neck/ You see Hova, wasn’t digital yet/ Befo’ Steve Jobs, made the iPod/ Was getting head, jobs, we call that intimate.”
2. Jamie Foxx feat. Kanye West, The-Dream – “Digital Girl”–“I want to see what’s under there/ There now put it in the air/ Yeah load it on my MacBook Air/ It’s a new form of macking, don’t be old fashioned.”
3. Rick Ross feat. Lil Wayne – “9 Piece”–“I’m smoking dope, I’m on my cell phone/ I’m selling dope, straight off the iPhone.”
4. Fabolous feat. Paul Cain- “Steve Jobs”–“Getting mo’ money it come with mo’ problems, man/ I used to be Mac’ing but now I’m Steve Jobbin,’ man”
5. Common – “Southside”–“Back in ’94 they call me Chi-town’s Nas/ Now them ni**as know I’m one of Chi-town’s gods/ We eatin’, yo, you still talking no carbs/ A conscious ni**a with mac like Steve Jobs”
6. Chris Brown Feat. Tyga and Kevin McCall- “Ballin'”–“Look, BBC hat clean diamond snap hook/ Take a picture with it, like it’s my last look/ Gold MacBook, cost $100,000 g’s/ I don’t give a f*ck with rats, I throw away the cheese”
7. Kanye West feat. Swizz Beatz, Jay-Z, Pusha-T, CyHi The Prynce, RZA – “So Appalled”–CyHi: “I am so outrageous/ I wear my pride on my sleeve like a bracelet/ If God had a iPod, I’d be on his playlist/ My phrases amazing, the faces and places, the favorite”
8. Wiz Khalifa – “Ode to Naked Pop Stars”–“I don’t know him, but whoever stole your Mac/ When I see him, I’mma pat him on the back… Like a nerd with no MacBook, look how pretty that lil’ cat look”
10. B.o.B – “Don’t Let Me Fall”–“Now I’m in your house/ Now I”m in your stove/ Now I’m everywhere that your iPod go/ Everything I seen was a dream just a moment ago”