10 Things To Know and Love About Burton Bear
Burton Bear is blowing up - in a good way.
I recently shared a video with you of a giant teddy bear grabbing Rally's in Burton this past Sunday night. At the time, I thought it was another neighborhood bear called Charm Bear, it was not. The teddy bear in the video, and everywhere on social media as of late is Burton Bear.
In just a matter of days, Burton Bear has turned into a local hero in Genesee County and I am here for it. With so much negativity in the world (and right here at home) it is great to see someone - or in this case, a giant Teddy Bear spreading joy.
In hopes that our community and points beyond spread the word about Burton Bear, here are 10 things you should know about this giant lovable teddy bear.
1. Underneath the teddy bear suit is a local teen who wishes to stay anonymous.
2. Burton Bear's goal is to make people laugh and smile.
3. You can find Burton Bear out daily from 4:00 PM - 7 PM in Burton near Bristol Road and Saginaw Street. Burton Bear may be popping up in more locations soon.
4. Burton Bear loves meeting people and taking selfies
5. Burton Bear has appeared on NBC 25.
6. Burton Bear has a great family supporting him. After a fun-filled day of making people smile, he goes home to rest and get ready for the next day.l
7. Burton Bear has his own Facebook page. Be sure to follow it to find out where Burton Bear will be next.
8. Burton Bear loves fast food. The bear has been spotted at Rally's and McDonald's in Burton.
9. Burton Bear welcomes hugs, high fives, a handshake, and of course photos.
10. Burton Bear does not hibernate in the winter.