CMU Student Charged After Hazing Causes Severe Allergic Reaction
A Central Michigan University student has been charged with hazing causing injury after rubbing peanut butter on the face of a 19-year-old student.
CMU student Dale Merza is being charged after rubbing peanut butter on the face of a 19-year-old man while he was passed out inside a home in Mt. Pleasant. Police say the incident happened in October 2016.
The attorney for Merza and the fraternity are claiming the allegations are false.
Merza turned himself in and could face up to 93 days in jail.