Famous Disney Costumes Coming to Dearborn’s Henry Ford Starting in June
If you're a big Disney fan, you might want to set aside some time later this year to visit The Henry Ford in Dearborn. There's a new exhibition coming that will feature some of Disney's most famous costumes.
"Heroes & Villains: The Art of the Disney Costume" will feature 79 awesome costumes from 32 films and representing 24 different designers worn by 71 different actors.
According to The Henry Ford, the exhibition will feature more than 70 original pieces, including ball gowns, sorcerers’ capes, military uniforms, tiaras, and of course glass slippers. The exhibition will also explore the vision, process, and craft used to create the costumes worn by some of the biggest names in entertainment.
Costume Highlights That Will Be on Display
- 101 Dalmatians (2000) - Cruella de Vill
- Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) - Red and White Queen
- Beauty and the Beast (2017) - Belle ball gown, Gaston and Beast
- Cinderella (2015) - Cinderella ball gown
- Hocus Pocus (1993) - Sanderson Sisters dresses and vacuum
- Mary Poppins (1964) - Traveling dress
- Once Upon A Time (2017) - Evil Queen and Hook
- Pirates of the Caribbean (2003) - Jack Sparrow and Barbossa
When Will "Heroes & Villains: The Art of the Disney Costume" Be at The Henry Ford?
"Heroes & Villains: The Art of the Disney Costume" will be at The Henry Ford starting on June 25, 2022. The exhibition will run through Jan. 1, 2023.
How Much Are Tickets to "Heroes & Villains: The Art of the Disney Costume?"
- Children 4 & Under - Free
- Children 5 to 11 - $20.25
- General Admission 12 to 61 - $27.00
- Seniors 62+ - $24.25
I have a feeling adults will enjoy this even more so than kids. I saw so many adults posting on social media about wanting to go. It's safe to say, it'll be fun for people of all ages.