Flint Farmers Market Set To Reopen Next Tuesday, With Guidelines
The Flint Farmers Market will reopen its doors this Tuesday, June 2nd. As you can already guess, there will be changes in place for your safety, and the safety of fellow customers.
The market will be open on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Please make note, the market will NOT be open on Thursday, June 4th. This will be a day for vendors and Flint Farmers Market staff to evaluate how the re-opening went on the previous Tuesday. Saturday hours, 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM will be reserved for curbside pickup only.
According to the markets official press release, customers will experience the following,
- Customers will be asked to wear a mask or face covering upon entering the market to shop. Grocery workers are among the highest risk category for exposure to Covid – 19, therefore the market is taking all reasonable precautions to protect market workers.
- Customers will be allowed in the market through one door and will exit through another designated door, so that management can keep track of the number of people inside the market at any given time.
- All vendors will be wearing masks and gloves as required by the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Genesee County Health Department. Vendors will follow ALL rules set forth for safe food preparation and handling. Some vendors will also have plexiglass shields on counters.
- Samples will not be allowed.
- There will be no public seating or event spaces open during the month of June.
- All restrooms will be closed for 5 minutes at the top of each hour so that market cleaning staff can sanitize the area.
- Customers will find Purell touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout the market as well as Clorox Wipe dispensers so that they can clean their hands or wipe off product as needed while shopping.
Not all of the vendors will be open next week. According to WNEM, the plan is to have all businesses reopened by July 2nd. You can see which businesses will still be closed in the picture below. I look forward to seeing you at the market.