United Way Teams With Randy Wise for Summer Stock Up Donation Drive
The summer is here, which means food pantries need your help.
The United Way is on a mission to keep food pantries in Genesee and Shiawassee Counties stocked for the summer. During the winter months, generous holiday donations keep supplies on the shelves but during the summer months, donations drop drastically. Without those donations, it leaves low-income, hardworking families with limited options.
To keep the donations coming in, The United Way of Genesee County has teamed with Randy Wise Auto Group to make it easy for those wanting to help to find a drop-off location.
Where are the drop-off locations?
Throughout the month of June, donations can be made at all seven Randy Wise locations.
- Randy Wise Chevrolet on Clio Road in Flint.
- Randy Wise Buick GMC on Owen Road in Fenton.
- Randy Wise Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram on Vienna Road in Clio.
- Randy Wise Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of Durand on N. Saginaw St in Durand.
- Randy Wise Ford on Ortonville Road in Ortonville.
- Randy Wise Hyundai on Lennon Road in Flint.
- Randy Wise Auto Depot on W. Pierson Road in Flushing.
When can I drop off donations?
Donations can be made at all Randy Wise locations during the following times:
- Monday & Thursday from 9 am until 8 pm
- Tuesday & Wednesday from 9 am until 6 pm
- Friday from 9 am until 6 pm
- Saturday from 9 am until 4 pm
What items are needed?
Local food pantries are in need of the following:
- Canned Goods
- Dry Goods
- Gluten-Free Foods
- Boxed Dinners
- Cooking Oil
- Baby Formula
- Peanut Butter
What other ways can I donate?
The United Way of Genesee County has a few other ways that you can donate as well. Aside from dropping off food donations at Randy Wise, you can also host a drive at your company, school, or church. Donations can also be made online by clicking here or by texting 'UWGCFood' to 41444.
Source: United Way of Genesee County
KEEP READING: 3-ingredient recipes you can make right now