Downtown Lapeer is an area that has a very historic feel to it, almost like a trip back in time vibe to it.  The center piece of that vibe was damaged last night in a fire that burned parts of the 'PIX Theater.'

ABC12 reports that the fire started in an upper level apartment that shares a wall with the theater.

The initial reports and rumors that spread were devastating to Lapeer residents, but luckily it looks like the damage is not as bad as the rumors.  The fire started in the evening and social media spread with talk that the roof had caved in, but the PIX owner denied that.

While it's unclear if the theater will be able to reopen anytime soon, the good news is that no one was seriously injured from the fire.