Detroit Lions Release 2020 Schedule With Awesome ‘Planet Lion’ Video
The Lions released their 2020 season schedule with an awesome take on the hit series 'Planet Earth'.
'Planet Lion' is brilliant! I can't say enough good things about the video that the Lions put together. I am a little biased because I LOVED the Seven Worlds One Planet series that this is based off. I just can't get over how well this was put together, right down to a really good David Attenborough impression.
As good as the video is, you might not have 8 minutes to watch for the schedule, so you can just check it out on their Instagram account below.
Outside of the Lions traditional Thanksgiving day game, they don't have another prime time game on the schedule. That could change depending on how well they do this season though.
With the NFL putting in the new Flex Schedule, they will be manipulating the schedule to make sure the biggest matchups are shown in prime time. If you are not familiar with Flex Scheduling, the NFL laid out the following bullet points online.
- Begins Sunday of Week 5
- In effect during Weeks 5-17
- Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
- Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
- The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
- The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
- No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
- The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
- Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
- The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
- Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
- NFL schedules all games.
- Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.
According to football analysts, the Lions most likely be featured in many of the prime time games, if any. I like to think that the Lions are going to surprise a lot of people this season.
The odds makers are not giving Detroit much of a chance either. The site Vegas Insider gives the Lions a 66/1 chance at winning the Super Bowl, and there are only 6 teams with lower odds.
The last time I checked, the over under on wins for the Lions is 6.5. I'm not a huge betting guy, but I feel pretty good about the Lions getting to 7 wins.
TACKLE THESE: Check Out the Best Uniforms In Each NFL Team's History