MSU Volunteers Say 7 Flint Dogs Tested Positive For Lead Toxicity [Video]
Flint residents not only have to worry about their families getting lead poisoning, but also their dogs. Volunteers at the Michigan State University College Of Veterinarian Medicine hosted a free lead screening event for dogs to help residents determine if their dog has been poisoned.
The Flint Water Crisis has been an issue for residents for over 2 years, and now dogs are suffering from lead toxicity because of the crisis. Volunteers at the MSU College Of Veterinarian Medicine have been testing dogs for lead toxicity, which can come from drinking the Flint water. Symptoms from lead poisoning for dogs are vomiting, lethargy, poor appetite, weakness, anxiety, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and regurgitation.
250 dogs have been tested so far for lead poisoning, in which 7 of the dogs tested positive for lead toxicity.