Swartz Creek Schools Host Summer Food Distributions
As many families continue to battle financial struggles thrust upon them during the coronavirus pandemic, Swartz Creek Community Schools is offering a bit of relief.
For the second year in a row, the district is hosting summer food distributions, providing a week's worth of meals for children throughout the area.
Get our free mobile app
- Anyone who is 18 years old or younger and not currently attending school is eligible to receive a seven-day meal package which includes breakfast and lunch items. (Any student who is currently attending a summer school program is eligible for a three-day breakfast and lunch meal package.)
- Persons with disabilities who are 18 years of age or older and currently enrolled in school are also eligible.
- You DO NOT have to be a Swartz Creek student or resident in order to be eligible for free meal packages.
- Parents are permitted to pick up food on behalf of their children, without children present.
- No proof of income is required.
Food Distributions are held every Wednesday at the following locations:
- Peace Park in Gaines from 10:30 am to 11:30 am each Wednesday.
- Cage Fieldhouse in Swartz Creek from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm each Wednesday. Cage Fieldhouse is located at 4110 Morrish Rd. (across from Meijer) in Swartz Creek.
Giveaways are held each Wednesday (except July 7) through the last week of August, 2021.
Times for the food distributions are strictly enforced and food availability may be limited by demand.
Food distributions are presented by Swartz Creek's Mobile Initiative to Curb Hunger.
Peek Inside Don & Patsy Lou Williamson's Beautiful Davison Home
This breathtaking home in Davison belonged to former Flint Mayor Don Williamson and his wife Patsy Lou Williamson who owned several car dealerships in the area. Their custom-designed home was built in 2010 and sits on 19 acres on the Potter Lake Peninsula. The main home is about 3,800 square feet and there's a stunning guest house on the property as well.