Trash Day Changes for Many Homes Next Week in Mid-Michigan
Several areas in mid-Michigan will be changing up their trash pickup days starting on Monday.
Starting on Monday, February 1st, 2021, many homes in mid-Michigan will see a change to their trash pick up days with Republic Services. Because of the coronavirus pandemic, Republic Services has seen an increase in the amount of trash from residential homes, which makes sense.
To account for the added amount of trash, Republic Services is trying to balance their rural routes to try and balance it out. Changes will be made in some areas within Genesee, Gratiot, Shiawassee, and Tuscola counties. Customers of Republic Services will be notified before the change of service in advance of the February 1st switch. The new residential garbage pickup schedule is as follows:
- Ashley - Tuesdays
- Byron - Mondays
- Clayton Township -- Mondays
- Corunna -- Mondays
- Fenton and Fenton Township -- Fridays
- Linden -- Wednesdays
- Mayville -- Tuesdays
- Millington and Millington Township -- Thursdays
- Montrose and Montrose Township -- Tuesdays
- Mundy Township -- Tuesdays
- Otisville -- Thursdays
- Vernon -- Mondays
Those areas not on this list will not see a change to their pickup days. Republic Services has also released its holiday schedule for 2021 as well. If you are scheduled for trash pick up on the following holidays, your pick up will be delayed by one day.
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 31st, 2021
- Independence Day, Sunday, July 4th, 2021
- Labor Day, Monday, September 6th, 2021
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 25th, 2021
- Christmas Day, Saturday, December 25th, 2021
You can also check out individual home information and rentals by clicking here for details.
Source: ABC 12