Breaking: Gov. Whitmer Announces Michigan Will Open to Full Capacity on June 22
Govern Gretchen Whitmer announced today that all capacity limits in Michigan will be lifted beginning June 22 and the wearing of facemasks will no longer be required.
As the number of vaccinated adults in Michigan increases and cases of COVID-19 decrease, Michigan is in a position to increase capacity limits for all indoor and outdroor venues to 100 percent.
“Today is a day that we have all been looking forward to, as we can safely get back to normal day-to-day activities and put this pandemic behind us,” Governor Whiter said in a prepared statement. “We owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to the medical experts and health professionals who stood on the front lines to keep us all safe. And we are incredibly thankful to all of the essential workers who kept our state moving. Thanks to the millions of Michiganders who rolled up their sleeves to get the safe, effective COVID-19 vaccine, we have been able to make these changes ahead of schedule."
The governor noted that our top priority moving forward is to utilize federal funding to put Michiganders back to work and revitalize Michigan's economy.
"We have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to ensure that Michigan’s families, small businesses, and communities emerge from this pandemic stronger than ever before,” the governor said.
In addition to the Gatherings and Mask Order, additional orders are being rescinded as of June 22. These include:
- Temporary Restrictions for Entry into Congregate Care and Juvenile Justice Facilities
- Mandatory Testing for Michigan Department of Health and Human Services' Juvenile Justice Facility Staff
- Mandatory Testing for Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Hospitals and Centers Staff
- Exceptions to Temporary Restrictions on Entry into Congregate Care and Juvenile Justice Facilities
- Exceptions to Temporary Restrictions on Entry into Certain Facilities
- Safe Housing for Housing Unstable Individuals
- Handling of Bodily Remains
- Safe Housing for Michigan Homeless