US 23 Drive-In Theater Opening Memorial Day Weekend
Michigan is slowly starting to open back up, and one of the last Drive-In theaters in the state will be open for business on Memorial Day Weekend.
The US 23 Drive-In Theater announced that they would begin showing movies for the season on Friday May 22nd. This is huge news for everyone in Genesee County that has been looking for something to do during quarantine. Don't think that everything will be back to normal though, there are quite a few rules that must be followed if you go to a movie.
The theater made the official announcement on their Facebook Page this week, along with a list of safety precautions that they have put in place.
Obviously they can't just open the gates and pretend like everything is normal. There will be some very noticeable differences, like the fact that they are operating at 50% capacity. There are also many safety guidelines in place, which you can see below.
- A $5 surcharge will be added to each vehicle to help make up for the limited capacity.
- Each car will receive complimentary surgical masks for each ticket
- Concessions are carry out only
- Restrooms will be used at 50% capacity, and masks will be required to enter the restroom
- You must remain in your vehicle during the movie, there are no lawn chairs our blankets on the ground allowed.
- There will be no temporary radio rentals until all restrictions are lifted.
With the new restrictions there is something that you should keep in mind if you plan on going. The place is going to be PACKED! Tickets are sold on a first come first serve basis, and with only 50% capacity allowed, they will go fast. The gates open at 7:30pm, and you can definitely expect a line to get in.
Knowing all of this going in, I hope that everyone practices patience with the people working at the drive in. This will be a test of how things go for the rest of the year.
In case you were wondering the movies showing are Trolls World Tour and Sonic The Hedgehog on screen 1. Onward and Call of the Wild on screen 2. The invisible Man and The Wretched on screen 3.
Have fun this weekend and be safe.