Weed, Whitmer, and The Rest of Michigan Voting Results
Michigan voters turned out in huge numbers for the mid-term elections Tuesday passing three huge proposals.
The three big proposals facing Michigan voters involved legalizing marijuana, voting districts, and voter registration. All three passed with huge support from voters. So what does that mean?
Michigan is now one of the states where recreational marijuana is legal. There is still a lot of work to be done to work out the details, but look for changes before the end of the year.
The voting districts will now be drawn by an independent committee and not the dominating political party at that time. Voter registration will now be much easier with same day registration, and no reason absentee voting.
Some of the big winners throughout the state are listed below, you can get complete election results here.
- Gretchen Whitmer wins Governor
- Debbie Stabenow wins Senate seat
- Dana Nessel wins Attorney General
- Jocelyn Benson wins Secretary of State
There were major bond issues on the ballots for Genesee County voters as well. Check out the results to those below, and see all local results here.
- Genesee County Health Care Millage passed
- Grand Blanc Fire Millage passed
- Swartz Creek School Bond passed
- Kearsley School Millage passed
- Fenton Charter Proposal did not pass
- Linden Road Millage did not pass
- Montrose School Millage passed
There are plenty of important elections and proposals that were on the ballot for voters on Tuesday. You can get all of the results listed by county here.