Yes, You Can Enter the Michigan Vaccine Sweepstakes Even if You’ve Already Been Vax’d
When I first read this article indicating that Michigan is finally going to hold its very own vaccination sweepstakes as an incentive for unvaccinated Michigan residents to roll up their sleeves, two things went through my mind:
- It's about damn time, Michigan, and
- Wait just a damn minute, am I ineligible because I've already gotten the vaccine?
(Sometimes the voice in my head swears)
Fortunately, if you've already gotten the vaccine, you're eligible to enter the 'Michigan Shot to Win' sweepstakes.
Who is Eligible to Enter?
Luckily, Michigan's leaders had the forethought to include those of us who have already gotten the COVID-19 vaccine and will let us enter to win several cash prizes: (Pay attention to the specific dates)
- A $1 million cash prize, open to anyone who's gotten at least one COVID-19 shot between Dec. 1, 2020 and July 10, 2021.
- A $2 million cash prize, open to anyone who's gotten at least one COVID-19 shot between Dec. 1, 2020 and July 30, 2021.
- $50,000 daily drawings, enter each day between July 1 and August 3, 2021.
- Scholarship drawings will be held for anyone 12 to 17 years old who has gotten at least one dose of the vaccine between Dec. 1, 2020 and July 30, 2021.
You must be a legal Michigan resident in order to enter. Here's a complete list of rules and legal mumbo jumbo.
How Do you Enter the Sweepstakes?
It's easy. Grab your vaccination card (that stupid, giant, oversized card that's too big to fit in a man's wallet) and click here. You'll need to fill out some information in order to enter the drawings.
You can also enter by phone by calling 888-535-6136 on weekdays between 8 am and 5 pm or between 8 am and 1 pm on weekends.
The goal of the 'Michigan Shot to win Sweepstakes' is to get 70% of Michigan's population vaccinated.
Hopefully, $5 million in prize money will be an incentive for anyone who hasn't yet gotten the vaccine.
Do it. Click here to set an appointment.