Emagine Theatres to Reopen with Free Tixs for Frontline Workers
If you've been missing grabbing a big bucket of buttered popcorn and watching your favorite flick on the big screen, the wait is almost over. With new orders from Governor Gretchen Whitmore lifting some restrictions, movie theaters will be re-opening on October 9th across the state.
One theater that thrilled to be finally opening their doors again to patrons is also planning on doing something a little extra special for those that I’ve been working hard over the past month during the COVID-19 pandemic. Emagine Theatres in Birch Run will reopen on October 9th and will be offering free tickets for frontline workers as a thank you for all they have done during the pandemic.
According to Mid Michigan Now, frontline workers along with a guest, can see any movie for free beginning October 9th, 2020 through Oct 15th, 2020. Those able to enjoy a movie "on the house" are those with the following jobs, and or job fields that represent frontline workers.
- Medical and healthcare workers, healthcare practitioners and those in technical occupations (e.g. doctors, registered nurses and pharmacists) as well as health-support workers (e.g nursing assistants and home health aides).
- telecommunications, information technology systems
- defense workers
- food and agriculture
- transportation and logistics
- energy, water and wastewater, law enforcement
- firefighters, protective service workers (police and EMTs), and public works
- cashiers in grocery and general merchandise stores
- production and food processing workers
- janitors and maintenance workers, agricultural workers, and truck drivers
Tickets will need to be redeemed at the box office, and you will need to bring your valid work I.D., badge, nametag, etc., to the theatre at the time you purchase your tickets.
Keep in mind that dates and times may vary and that Michigan Emagine locations are only open on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. This special offer is only valid in-theatre on the day-of showing, and it is first-come, first-served.
For movies, times, and locations, or to buy tickets you can click here.