FDA Lists 9 Toxic Hand Sanitizers If Absorbed Into Your Body
Finding any hand sanitizer has been a struggle lately, but now the FDA has issued a warning not to use specific brands over health concerns.
The FDA released the list of nine different hand sanitizers on Friday that could be toxic if absorbed by your body. The FDA is urging the public not to use the brands, manufactured by Eskbiochem SA de CV, because they may contain methanol. Methanol can be toxic or even fatal, when absorbed through the skin or ingested.
The craziest part is that if you have any of these hand sanitizers, you shouldn't even pour it down the drain. If you have any of the sanitizers listed below, the FDA is asking that you dispose of them in a hazardous waste container. If you have used any of the products, and suffered any negative effects, you can report it to the FDA online here. The 9 hand sanitizers listed by the FDA are listed below.
- All-Clean Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-002-01)
- Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-007-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-008-04)
- Lavar 70 Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-006-01)
- The Good Gel Antibacterial Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-010-10)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-005-03)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-009-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-003-01)
- Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-001-01)
The FDA also detailed their warning on Twitter last Friday.
This is a scary thing for most of us that have bought any kind of hand sanitizer that we could find. Make sure you double check your supply and properly dispose of any of these brands.